Selection Process in Hiring
Our office can assist you to develop a thorough understanding of the position you have available. This will allow you to do the following:
- target your recruiting efforts as clearly as possible
- document this information in a position description which defines the title, responsibilities and qualifications for the position
- determine the value of the position and create a salary range
- build a strong job posting, including some information about your company and how to apply
- use the most appropriate process to collect applications
- clarify performance expectations so you can share this at the appropriate time during the selection process—typically during interviews with your top candidates
While it’s appropriate to tailor some of your inquiries to each candidate, it will be easier to compare apples to apples if you develop a core set of questions that all interviewees are required to answer. Create at least two questions for each of the criteria identified in your job description.
What are the best types of questions to ask?
Situational, Behavioral and Standard Interview Questions. Ask us what these questions are.
The Manitoba Training and Employment Services Wage Subsidy Program
Find out if you or your potential employee is eligible. Contact us.
Photo By: Kathy Langford